Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Trips, Family, and the 9 month mark

Okay, where do I even begin. The last month was jam-packed with two trips to Lake George, a visit from my dad and Kellie, 3 weeks in Colorado with Anthon for Kellie's wedding, a 9 month appointment, and probably much more. I think this is another post where I'll mostly just let the pictures do the talking and I'll throw in some comments here and there. That's always good in theory...I think I have way to much to say for that ever to actually be the case.

That  being said...I started this post over two weeks ago and still haven't managed to finish it. I am determined to post it by tonight. This means I'll really be skimping on words. And probably pictures as well. Actually, I might have to just do a separate post with our Lake George and Colorado trips.

What can ya do! Also...Excuse the typos; I likely won't have time to proof-read this tonight... Here goes! :)

The month of July, I discovered our fancy camera. We received it as a wedding present, but I hadn't braved using it; I attempted tackling the user manual one day and then put it away again for a very long time. As it happens, there's an automatic option. Halelujah! lol. It's a good thing Matthew had a photography friend give him a how-to in fancy camera use for real picture taking.

And that Matthew is far more patient than me...

Anywho...here are some fun ones around the house that I took. I decided it's probably a good thing I didn't start using this sooner. I could sit and take pictures of him all day. Every day. But, really.

 
 This one kills me..
 
  Our boy LOVES rubber duckies. When we first show him we have one for him, he'll get up on all fours, squeal, and rock back and forth while smiling excitedly.
It is SO cute.
 
 
I took this first batch before my trip to Colorado. The second batch was after. As you can tell from the pictures, his mobility increased ten fold in that month or so.
 
 
I also learned that it's no longer easy to take a picture of him with a stuffed animal of my choosing. There was a day when I could hand him a toy or stuffed animal or set it next to him and snag a picture or two (or twenty). Now a days, if Anthon does deem a toy interesting enough to play with (which he didn't...as you'll notice in these pictures..), it barely stays still long enough not to be blurred in any picture.

 

 
 

This is how pictures usually end up going these days...
bahaha
 
 In other news...
Anthon's toy chest/ottoman gave him whatever incentive he needed to pull himself up to a standing position.
 
He LOVES this thing.
Bummer I hadn't figured out how to turn out the flash yet on this picture..but oh well.
Sometimes I take toys out and set them on the floor for him, but I think most of the thrill is standing and pulling them out, as he seems to loose interest in them once they're out. He stands here for what seems like forever reaching for things. He often balances his stomach on the side while he reaches in to pull things out or touch them. He's only went in headfirst once as a result...

He LOVES being outside.
The only downside to walks is that, about ten minutes into them, he starts turning around and trying to get to me. I've decided someone needs to invent a stroller with a swivel chair--because really, I'm sure he'd get tired of looking at me the whole time, but if he had the option to do either at will...it'd be money :)
This is usually the face he makes mid-raspberry blows.
 
Landmarks:
Anthon has started crawling-- He's been army crawling for ages, and still prefers it. But he's now does a few 'big kid crawl' strides before breaking into his army crawl--or when avoiding a cold floor.
TWO teeth!-- Thankfully, he doesn't use them often.
 
He slept through the night--, not once--not twice--but THREE times in Colorado! Sadly, it was short-lived. I say sadly...but, to be honest....I kind of missed him those nights! By the time he wakes up, if feels like it's been SO long since I've seen him last.
I know that sounds ridiculous.
But, it's true. And this is my blog. So...I can say it.
 
Stats from our 9 month appointment:
 
Sidenote: I LOVE that Matthew has a job that let's him take medical time off to come to appointments with me. It is so fun having him there :)
...umm....I misplaced the paper from our doctor's appointment, so I'll insert this part later. But, in short, he's only put on about a pound since our last appointment, he's a little lower in the head circumference department, and is...taller. (I don't remember any details about height...)
Sad and wanting me to pick him up. Our appointments never seem to jive with nap times :(
On the bright side, no shots took place at this appointment! It was such a happy surprise!
 
Favorite things:
Graham Crackers--we discovered these in Colorado and he is IN.LOVE.
 
Any kind of food--I never realized it, but Anthon opens both his mouth and eyes incredibly wide while he waits for an approaching spoon full of food. haha--my family all cracked up watching him eat and I guess I had always just assumed all babies ate like that..
Being BUSY--little man is a do-er. He loves to be going, touching, moving, and partying.
Rubber Duckies--I'll let the pictures with the rubber ducky do the talking on this one (if you missed them, scroll back up...). He gets SO excited everytime I whip that little guy out.
Mirrors: I have to be sure he doesn't pull my mirror down on himself (I've caught it midfall a few times already), but he loves it.
(note the rubber ducky in hand)
 
Bath Time--he has started pulling himself up to a standing position in an effort to speed up the process of getting into the tub
Mangoes--Mango pits. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. He LOVES, I mean, LOVE them. It's about the cutest thing you'll ever see to watch him try to keep hold of those slippery things though.
Mom--he's got a thing for me. After naps, if Matthew goes to get him, he'll usually about gives himself whiplash trying to turn around and see where I'm at or get dad to walk out to find me. He does fairly well with new people (especially post-Colorado trip), but, if he sees me, he's making a beeline for me or starts whining to either be by me or held by me. So, I'd say he does best with new people (and anyone) when I'm not around.
Dad coming home from work--I swear, it's the highlight of every day for him. I think it's the most excited he gets. If he's in his high chair, he's rocking back and forth smiling, if he's on the floor, he's doing the same.
His Blankie--this guys still a favorite. Anthon will drop any toy to pursue that blanket. I haven't tested it with food--but I think it would even trump his salivary pursuits.
All things Red and Pink--those are just the colors he is drawn to, of all of them!
Crawling on me--if he wants to go somewhere, there's no going around mom. He crawls over my legs at least eight times a day. It's cute--he usually breaks his fall with his forehead as he transitions from my legs back to the ground--sometimes gracefully, sometimes not-so gracefully.
Wandering away before he's fully clothed--
 
Fun Things that Only Anthon Does:
The opening eyes and mouth thing when he eats
Downward Dog Sitting--I posted a video to facebook and instagram, but Anthon learned how to sit by putting his head on the ground, bum in the air, and then walking his feet closer to his head until his center of gravity transitioned to his bum, which then swung down to the side and ground--landing him in a sitting position. He by no means needs to do this anymore in order to sit, but he still puts head on the ground and bum in the air sometimes before sitting and it cracks me up.
Giggles at Bedtime--this kid is still so stinking slap happy at bedtimes. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's him that's giggly at bedtime, or if I am the one getting him giggly. I really do think it's his mood that usually comes first though.
Reaching for the camera when you're trying to take a picture of him. Okay, maybe more babies do this, but I just love his faces when he does..
 

Here's a picture on Anthon's actual 9-month Birthday.
We are just eating little man up. Really, we are. I'll write another post about our Colorado trip and fun things from the Summer. For now, this will have to do.
 
Dang, our kid is sure cute :)  
 
 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun post! I love you and your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete