Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Lake George, Kellie, and Mis Padre

Well, folks, my last few walks have been a little longer. You know what that means--the leaves have started falling and it officially takes me twice as long to walk anywhere, what with leaf-crunching detours and all...

I'll admit, as much as I like the Fall, the it much more foreboding in New York, knowing that it is a stepping stone toward winter.

That being said, we still have some eighty degree days this week, so we're just going to pretend it isn't actually that time yet.

Okay, that's a lie...there's no pretending. Our morning walks already involve both socks and light jackets for Anthon. I can't quite pretend that away, sadly. That being said, there is still something magical about the brisk air as fall approaches.

Seeing as Anthon's ten month birthday is tomorrow...I'll save those updates for an Anthon post, and use this post for catching up on some of our summer fun. Namely, some Lake George trips and my Dad and Kellie's visit

Lake George

Okay, so I've always been a beach lover and a heat FEEN. In highschool, naps on our tramp in the blazing sun were my favorite. It wasn't unheard of for me to use a blanket either, regardless of how hot it already was. Humidity or no humidity, I love the heat. Accordingly, I have love New York in the Summer. I don't mind humidity at all--in fact, I kind of like it. Which is weird, I know. But I digress.

Matthew and I took a trip to Lake George a few weeks before my Dad and Kellie got here, and then I went again with them when we did. It's a gorgeous lake with a few beaches, paragliders, shops, some restaurants... just fun! I loved it. Matthew liked it because if we're close to a beach, it's another selling point on warming me up to the idea of staying here for the long hall.. haha.

Some pictures from our first trip..

 
I don't think it would matter how upright any stroller was, I think Anthon would find a way to sit straighter, and more far forward than it. haha. He was on the edge of his seat the whole time and loving it.

That husband of mine sure makes our stroller look good ;)

Okay, this picture (and these next few) were from after it hit nap time. You can see it on our poor little man's face :(

I think it was mostly just because he was tuckered out, but Anthon was really scared of the waves and wasn't a fan of the water either :(
 
I think this is the first crying picture I've posted. It just breaks my heart to see him cry. Just looking at that crying one seriously hurts my heart!
 
Yes, that is one tired baby. And, Parenting 201...If you put sunscreen on the back of your child's hands... it's going to get in his/her eyes when they start rubbing them. SO sad!
 
Trip #2 (A few weeks later)
 
My dad hanging out with little man.. hehe, you've got to love that cheeser grin in the bright sunlight.
 
 
Oh my gosh. I LoVE his little face in this picture. Anthon loves bottles.
 
Shady...but you get the picture.
Pun intended.


Sometimes it's still a little weird to me that I have a child. Like, it was such a foreign thought to realize that a) Kellie is an aunt, b) She is pushing around a stroller with a baby in it, and c) oh wait, that's MY baby! haha..That might not make sense how I typed it...but you get the idea. Sometimes it's still weird.
 
 
Sometimes Anthon takes his own pictures. Other times, I take them.
 
It was such a fun day. As you can see in the last two pictures by Anthon's outfit and stickiness, it was a little warmer than our first trip.We also stopped for some snow cones. OH, and, as an extra day-maker, the girl who worked there was Russian! Words can't really express how happy it makes me when I randomly meet Russians and get to talk to them...
She was adorable and such a sweetheart.
 
And...onto some pictures from
My Dad and Kellie's Visit...
As I'm looking through these, I'm realizing I don't have that many from their trip... but it was SO fun to have them here. They spent a few days in New York City and then were here for (I think...) four days. We didn't realize they were staying so long and loved every second.
 
Breakfast with Grandpa.
I thought my dad was just eating a tortilla and I was amazed at how much Anthon liked it. Come to find, it was coated with peanut butter. haha, that made a lot more sense.

Just hanging out

 We went out for burgers and fries. Matthew's dad's nickname for Anthon is Tator Tot, so we snagged a picture for him :)
 
We had a pool day (or...more like 40 minutes, since it started to pour rain :) But it was sure fine while it lasted
When neither of you have done your makeup and its smudged from the night before, sometimes you decide it's better to be looking at the cute baby rather than to include your face in the pictures...
I swear, he was very secure.
Also, he's graduated to a bigger pair of swim trunks :P hahaha. That being said, they really weren't as tight as they look here. 
 
And...some backseat fun with Aunt Kellie..
 
It is truly sad that summer is coming to an end. But, that being said, we still have lots of walks and time outside before it gets to be too cold. For that, I am eternally thankful!


 

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I walked to the park this morning and he mentioned how it is getting dark at 7:30 and how cool it is in the mornings. I love Fall in Colorado and your Fall should be beautiful, even if it is a harbinger of Winter.

    ReplyDelete