Thursday, January 29, 2015

Shots, Furniture, and a New Apartment

Our little guy turned two months old on the day of my last post. Here are a few gems from the last little bit:


He really is getting so big! Actually...here are some numbers to give you a better idea--along with some pictures from his 2 month appointment, where we got the numbers :) 
12 lbs 13 oz (70th percentile)
23.75 inches (72nd percentile)
His head is 42 cm (87th percentile
So...all in all, a healthy baby!!! Not to mention, fairly proportionate :)
His new favorite things/developments: 
      • drooling
      • talking, cooing, yelling (happy yells)
      • smiling at himself and mom in the mirror
      • rubbing his eyes when he starts to get tired
      • taking baths (he's loved these since birth, but I've forgotten to mention it)
He was a champion of champions at his doctors appointment. The doctor walked into the room for the first time and said hi to Anthon, who was laying on the patient table in his diaper. Anthon responded with a huge smile. The doctor commented that that isn't the usual response he gets. 
We loveeeee our little boy!

Here is a picture of Matthew comforting him after he got his shots: 

Here are a few from Anthon's first week at church. As you can tell by the pictures below, we were not distracted at all. . . . .He just kept looking at us and smiling all throughout sacrament meeting--it was ADORABLE. 
And...I spent most of the rest of church in the mother's room. . . I'm not big on selfies..but I couldn't resist taking one in the mirror with my little man. Take an extra five seconds AT LEAST to stare at the picture on the right. Is he not the cutest? I, for one, am in love with that picture of him--just kicked back and snoozing away.

In other news...we bought some furniture for our new apartment! We officially move in the 7th and can't wait! I am in LOVE with our couch. We also got a brown chair that will either go in our bedroom or in the nursery; we haven't decided yet. It was so fun to pick out furniture together! (Granted it took about 8 trips to the furniture store. . . ) Once again, Matthew wins the patience award. I'm so glad I married someone who wants me to be happy to the extent that he doesn't mind 18 million trips back to places when we're making decisions! 

I was going to post pictures of the furniture here...but, I just realized they have the price tags on them. and that would probably be tacky. Don't worry--suffice it to say they were on sale :) 
Instead...here is a picture of me opening our apartment door with our very own key for the first time. Well, okay, so, it's more a picture of me searching for my key to open the apartment door. Which, let's face it, is a far more accurate depiction of what I'm going to look like every time I'm attempting to enter our apartment.
Matthew and I also went on a hot date with our favorite chaperone this week--to a place called Bob's Diner. Not the best food, in all honesty. It was fine. But, check out our chaperone...
I could eat him. 
Not really. Don't worry. 
Okay, last but certainly not least is a picture Matthew snagged this week. I can't get over Anthon's sweet little face in it. 
We are loving life and loving our little boy!












3 comments:

  1. oh.my.gosh.
    HE IS PRECIOUS.
    I loved all the adorable pictures.
    He is such a little stud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you guys! You both look so overjoyed and little Anthon is just the cutest! Don't forget to send me your new address now that you've moved in and settled down a bit...would love to write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Anthon outgrew the title of little guy, huh? He's quickly growing up into a big boy! Anyway, how did shopping for new furniture go? I'd love to see how you're planning on decorating your new apartment, so make sure to keep us posted for a tour, okay? Thanks for sharing and all the best to you and your family! :)

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora

    ReplyDelete