Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas Shopping. . .

'Twas a few days before Christmas, and all through the house, 
There was not a scrap of food, nay, not enough to feed my spouse. 

For I was so dreading, braving the crowds at Walmart,
That shopping errand loomed o'er me; I couldn't take heart.

When on the twenty-third of December, I swallowed resolutely,
Looked in the cupboard and said, 'The time has come, absolutely."

So, I in my flipflops, and Anthon in his cap,
Settled into the car, not listening to rap. 

We hustled and bustled, and to our surprise, 
All the people we met, had a light in their eyes--

A cheerful disposition, a light step of foot, 
I couldn't believe I'd wanted to stay put!  

We longered and lingered, enjoying the crowd, 
Wondering how I ever turned into such a storm cloud! 

Christmas is happy, so happy indeed. 
Stores, busy and bustley, are just what we need. 

We smile at all others, relating to all, 
As we hustle and bustle, shopping is no crazy brawl. 

Where I didn't expect it, I found Christmas cheer, 
 By golly, I think I'll do shopping this way each year! 



2 comments:

  1. Dr. Seuss has nothing in you, girl. Thus was great fun to read and you should submit it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to the above! You are so cute and creative! Love it and love you!

      Delete