Monday, June 23, 2014

Chalk Art Festival

A Pitchforth family tradition began a few years back, when my dad, in true "checkmark" fashion, discovered another checkmark for us to do: The ChalkArt Festival. Tons of artists come and compete with chalk art. Ideally, the displays consist of a lot of 3D looking, awesome art--something like this...

Naturally, they can't all be this good (as you can tell, by other pictures in the background). Yet--you still get a few gems! Some years are better than others (in any city).  But, after my padre let us know the dates for Salt Lake, we made a trip of it. Here are a few pictures. I don't think I was as impressed with the displays here as I have been in years past, but--heck. Hand me a piece of chalk, and you'll be lucky to get a hopscotch--so, who am I to talk? :) 

We went a little early to beat the crowds, so--excuse the artists for their unfinished work. 



And a picture of our tired faces that morning, to boot :)

I love checkmarks. Especially ones we can make traditions of.


No comments:

Post a Comment