Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Toes? What are those?

Helloooooo all. Welcome back. It's been awhile. Let's start out with a pregnancy picture. I thought I'd give you a dose of what I've been seeing these days. . .

Okay, so...that was a lie. This picture involves some leaning... 

What I'm ACTUALLY seeing a lot more of these days looks a little more like this: 

Ha! About a month ago I hit the point where, in the shower, I feel like washing my belly is a whole separate endeavor. But, really. All the sudden, it's like having a new extremity. It doesn't take forever to wash that belly of mine...but, it's longer than it's ever taken before!

We're going on week 33, people. This is the real deal. 

Actually, one of our relatives down the street has been my pregnancy buddy. She had a little girl just last week, and I keep saying to Matthew how insanely weird it is that one day you can be pregnant, and, the next, BOOM--you have a baby! 

I've never really found it weird before...but, seriously, I went and visited her the night before she had the baby. Just another pregnant lady, just like me. And then--SHABAM. She and her hubby become madres and padres, just like that (visualize me snapping my fingers here, just to emphasize the point).

That might not seem like a weird thing to you...but, I've mentioned how crazy it is to me to my mister at LEAST once every day for the past week and a half. Also, I hope you enjoy the watermarks on the above pictures. They are courtesy of, well, the internet :) 

This last weekend the mister and I had the chance to go and visit my family for the weekend. Unfortunately, I did about the worst job of taking pictures that I think I've ever done. I have a feeling that will change when I get a phone that takes decent pictures....Anywho...here is a picture someone else took while entering my beautiful state for you to feast your eyes on:
mmmmm, Colorado. 

Our trip involved many a game with my parents and Justin (namely, Phase Ten, Rage, Quiddler, Cribbage, and GinRummy), a few delicious meals (namely a Mexican restaurant whose name I can't remember, Rueben sandwiches at Culver's, my mama's delicious all-natural (said with an accent)--Ninja made juice, Justin's hot wings, and my padres famous French toast), thrifting, watching both the first and second planet of the apes movies (which were uber good, by the way), a wonderful visit to our neighbors Lin and Cathy (wherein they gave us THE most adorable baby clothes, and...well, basically threw us a baby shower with how many boxes filled with adorableness they had for us; they are honestly too good to us. I have sure missed them!), many a walk to the park with those dogs I love so much, and a beautiful wedding of one of my dearest friends, Amy Clow. 

It was a quick trip, but oh so wonderful. 

During the thrifting, we found a few treasures. I believe the one my mister was most excited about was (drum roll please) . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . 
 . . . . . . . 
A longboard. 
Boom. $10. 
He.could.not.be.happier. 

haha, to give you some background: We went long-boarding the day we got engaged and have been dying to go again ever since. However, between pregnancy, and us not actually owning longboards, it just hasn't happened. 

But, yesterday, I got on my bike while he road the longboard and we went on a trip to the park. This picture is actually from a bikeride a few months ago, (due to, again, my current case of slacking in the picture taking arena), however, we both wore helmets....so, it might as well have been yesterday. 

If you are looking for an example of how to properly wear a helmet, I would probably direct your eyes to the left half of this picture, rather than the right. 

Not to fret, since purchasing our new, BEAUTIFUL bikes on my birthday this year, we have since acquired two fully functional, fitting helmets...one of which I wore far more properly than is depicted in the picture above ;) 

Helmets, seatbelts, and flossing. The three things I've never done consistently life until marrying Matthew. 
      • Helmets: never. 
      • Seatbelts: pretty much only when I was driving. 
      • Flossing: umm...I don't even know.

You may wonder how I've survived this long. I don't. But, I sure am glad I've got this guy around to help make sure I survive a lot longer yet. I mean, look at that face. Sheesh! :) 

Anywho...so, we took the longboard and bike to the park, and literally, just rode around for about an hour. It was like being a kid again. We just went up and down hills over and over again. My advice for the day: marry someone (if you haven't already) that you can ride around in circles with at the park. If you don't like riding around, well, start. Who doesn't like bikes, longboards, or things with wheels anyways? Don't you have a soul?? 

Umm...okay. This is the point in a blog post where I should say something like, "But, I digress" 

Instead, I'll just say....life is great! I love my husband! He's the best! Oh....and we're having a baby...still! :D 

He likes to kick me. Let's hope he grows out of that. 


2 comments:

  1. You are so adorable! Loved running into at Chili's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way once I got pregnant. One day there is just a baby!! it's so so so crazy and I'll never get over it! We can grow humans.. and they live inside our body! whaaaT???!

    ReplyDelete