Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Week 34, People!

 
That's right, my friends. Week 34. Is that crazy, or what? There's not really any mistaking my being pregnant these days, though I often forget how pregnant I look until Matthew and I walk by a window with my reflection in it, or I see my shadow and comment, "Hey, babe--look! It's a pregnant lady!"
 
I stopped working a few weeks ago, which has done wonders for my back pain (which has, honestly subsided completely during the day).
 
Current hobbies:
  • Late night trips to the bathroom (we'll say I average four throughout the night)
  • Keeping my husband awake at night
  • Long walks and phone calls to my family
  • Dreaming about our security clearance going through
  • TV shows with the mister
  • Watching my belly move
  • Reading "The Wind Singer"
  • Playing CharmKing on Grandma Barbara's Kindle while my hubster plays on his phone
This last weekend, guess who came to visit! You got it. My studly little brother. He's single, ladies. And, let's be honest, SO stinking cute. This is him, mowing our neighbor's lawn before the Saturday session of conference. Matthew usually mows it for a friend of ours next-door whose husband recently passed away, but Matthew was at work all Saturday. Guess who didn't even gripe when I volunteered him for the job?
 
Okay, I know. Horrible of me. But, really...what would you do? I look out the window and see our 70-some-year-old neighbor pulling the lawnmower out of the shed to mow. She's obviously not going to let the 8-month-pregnant lady do it. . .
 
Talon, being his awesome self, didn't mind at all. Mind you, that didn't stop him from a "Well, the apple didn't fall far from the tree" comment and a cute little grin to accompany it; we grew up with a mom who LOVED to volunteer us for service, or do service with us. I'm actually really grateful for it. But, that didn't stop us from hiding out in rooms of the house or finding ways to look busy to avoid having mom "help" us find ways to occupy our time growing up.

 
Isn't he so fun?



It was nice to have Sunday with both Talon and Matthew, since they've never really been able to spend much time getting to know each other, with Talon being on his mission and then going to school in another state. In between sessions on Sunday, we went to the park and threw around the Frisbee. I sure do love these boys
 Oh, funny story, actually. Talon asked me whether or not we had a volleyball. I went inside, grabbed ours from downstairs (compliments of Tiff, who gifted it to us for our wedding), and brought it out--assuming he had wanted to pepper with me. We used to do it all the time together in the front yard growing up. However, when I asked him if he wanted to pepper, his response was
 "Isn't that like, a technical foul? Peppering when you're pregnant?"
ha. He quickly learned, that it is, in fact, safe for me to pepper. Granted, if I were going to dive for a ball, it might be another story. But, let's be honest...when have I ever dove for a ball while peppering? I'll answer that for you, since most of your names are not Talon and do not, in fact, know this tidbit. Zero, I'd say. Okay, maybe 7, in all of our years of peppering. But, mostly, it would be Talon diving, and me doing a great job of hitting the balls that came almost directly to me :)

 
Anywho...it was a splendid visit. I have a splendid husband. And we have a splendidlyumptuous baby on the way. 6 more weeks until baby. That's...a mission transfer! Holy moly! Do us a favor and send some prayers our way in regard to our security clearance going through extra quickly.

1 comment: