Wednesday, October 22, 2014

BABY!

Well world, another day, another deed. Actually, a few deeds. Today’s deeds included buying the majority of the remaining items on our registry and straightening out our room to make a place for baby. With our security clearance in the air and our living situation unclear, we had put this off (because, really, if we were to get it all set up, we’d just have to take it all down again before moving). However, at our most recent doctor’s appointment, I was dilated to a three and doctor man said travel is out.

Really, he did us a favor. New York, you’ll have to wait a little longer. (If we hear from you soon enough to make you wait…that is). Okay, ready for this?


BOOM.
If you didn’t just become insanely overcome with excitement for us, I want you to refresh your browser, start reading from the beginning of this post one more time, and—this time, when you see the picture of our soon-to-be BABY’S closet…well, yes—become insanely overcome with excitement. Choose to ignore the poor quality and lighting of the picture. Do it.

I can’t even tell you how happy it makes me to look at that thing. Oh, and that carseat you see sitting in front of it? Yes. There’s going to be a baby in there.

It is SO nice to finally know where we’ll be having our baby and to be able to set up for him. We are so grateful for all of the exciting things the Lord has blessed us with lately.  (Oh, AND for all of you wonderful people who gave us wonderful gifts to help fill that wonderful closet…by the way :)

We recently had the opportunity to have maternity pictures taken. For all of you who were wondering how to increase self-awareness during pregnancy, well, I would suggest taking pictures when you’re over 9 months pregnant. That’ll do it.

It might be because I’ve been good about exercising throughout pregnancy, or maybe just that the mirrors I look in are angled to make me feel smaller than I actually am, or even just because I’ve had such an awesome pregnancy and therefore haven’t really paid attention…

Whatever the reason, I am bigger than I thought I was...

What's great about this is:
A.  I have a husband who tells me I’m not as big as I look in the pictures (bless his heart)
B. I LOVE the pictures. They make me sooo happy, and
C. Thanks to this reality check, baby’s arrival feels closer and closer!

Here they are, for your viewing pleasure. I mostly
just included my favorites. Give all the credit to Alicia Marie Photography. She happens to be my amazing cousin who was in town recently.





This picture is by far my favorite. I just LOVE that I married someone as excited about starting our family as I am :)




I know what you're thinking...if ONLY we had spaced those letters evenly. . . 

I'm just loving them! :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute Jamie �� I'm glad you got things all set up. That's always a fun part! And you don't need a lot of space for a tiny newborn anyway. ☺Hoping everything goes well! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete