Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween, turned awesome.

So, I found myself in an empty house last night, thinking I would spend the evening writing bills and handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with trick-or-treaters or with writing bills/budgeting while my husband is away at work for the evening...but, I won't say I was completely STOKED about my plans for Halloween as I drove home from dropping my hubby off at work. When, lo and behold, what do I find in the mailbox, but a Halloween card from my dearest, most incredibly wonderful neighbor, Cathy. She and Lin are our godsends. They, if you recall, are also the ones who basically stocked us with an entire wardrobe of baby clothes on our last visit to Colorado. They are far too good to us. 

Anywho, along with this card was $20. So, you know what I decided to do? I decided to make friends with my Pinterest account, make a trip to Walmart, make use of my godsend gift, and turn on some Halloween music while getting my craft on. The following resulted: 


It was SO fun. I ended up taking some of the goodies to Matthew and his co-workers, which was so fun. AND, to top off the night, my mister got off work at 8PM, as opposed to 10:30, which is when he was supposed to. So, we finished off the evening with some quality time, and then snuggled up on the couch watching a scary movie. 

Isn't it amazing how far one thoughtful act goes? That card and gift made my day, it really did! I am so grateful for thoughtful people like Cathy, for Pinterest, and for sudden resolves to make what might have been a lamer night...a better night :) Granted, that resolve was mostly inspired by her sweet surprise in the mail, rather than my awesome attitude....but, I sure am grateful! 

1 comment: